We are a school that celebrates children for who they are and supports them where they are along their educational journey. Families entering our program quickly learn this is a place full of kindness, warmth, and giving. This is a school that fosters community and encourages involvement on many levels.
Your support helps us to build and sustain our community. By sharing your values, treasures, time, and talent, you deepen your connection to our school. By giving financial contributions, you invest in the future and create a solid foundation for our children and programs each and every day. We could not do all that we do without our parents, grandparents, trustees, faculty, staff, and friends. We are so very grateful to each and every one of you. Thank you!
— David Lukens
Director of Development
Please feel free to contact us with your comments and questions at (413) 586-4538 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MSN Fund
A Generous Community Supports MSN!
Community, and caring for it, is truly the foundation of this school and the money raised from the MSN Fund ensures that this foundation is solid. It takes a great faculty, a curriculum that develops fluency, creativity and competency, and the generous involvement of parents, grandparents, alumni, past parents and friends to educate our children.
MSN Fund gifts give us confidence to invest in the quality of our education beyond the basics, to enhance each classroom experience and to provide the engine for continuous, ongoing improvement. MSN Fund contributions help us to invest in our faculty, our students, our programs and facilities. Please join us by donating today!
Cash, check, or a secure online donation via Paypal is the easiest way to give a gift to MSN.
Gifts of appreciated stock and planned gifts such as bequests and annuities are other ways to support the school. For more information, please consult your financial advisor and contact our Development Office.
Many employers have in place a “matching gift” program through which they would match your donation to MSN, effectively doubling your gift. Please check with your Human Resources department, and be sure to send us your employer’s form with your gift.
The Montessori School of Northampton is a 501(c)(3) non-profit with tax-exempt status from the IRS. All gifts are tax deductible as allowed by law.
There are many ways to support MSN. These include:
- Direct Donations — Using the PayPal link below or by sending or dropping off a check.
- The MSN Fund — The most important fundraising effort at our school, which enables us to keep our school strong in a variety of ways.
- Events — The Children’s Fair and Spring Auction bring our community together.
- Capital Projects — Special buildings and grounds projects arise whereby you can leave a permanent mark on our campus.
- Volunteering –Contributing your expertise to help us with tasks large and small.
Thank you for your support!
Your gift of time is at the foundation of our school, and thanks to the expanding corps of parent and community volunteers our mission is fully realized each year by volunteers who assist in the classroom and administration, lead and organize special event committees, and bring innovative ideas to life.
Whether you have an hour, a semester, or five to twenty hours a week, there is a volunteer assignment to suit your talent, time, and skills. Your expertise is a valuable asset to the school. Please participate as an MSN volunteer. Contact the Development Office for more information.
The Children’s Fair
Welcome the school year with this fun-filled event. Held in October, the fair gives the current and past MSN community time to gather and celebrate. It also gives families from the broader community an opportunity to tour our school and meet our staff, board of trustees, and families. The money collected from the fair benefits capital improvements for our campus.
The Spring Auction
The Spring Auction raises money for the school’s Scholarship Fund and is our most exciting event of the year. With the funds raised we are able to strengthen our school by offering our program to more families within the community.
Welcome to MSN’s 2018 Auction!
Save the date! Please set aside the evening of April 5 for our annual auction, which will be held from 6-10 PM at the Garden House at Look Park. This year’s theme is “A Fundraising Party for All” and we hope you will all attend and be part of this wonderful social event for the adults in our community! This year’s auction is going to be different from our past ones in many ways, so here’s a little bit of information on that:
The Auction Begins Online from February 27-April 2
This year, for the first time, we are having a hybrid action. The auction will start online on February 27, and continue until April 2 at the 32Auctions website. When the online link goes live, we will send it to you and hope you will share it with your family and friends. On April 2, the online portion will end and the bidding will continue onsite at the event on April 5. Anyone who has been bidding online but cannot attend the live event can still keep bidding though–they can leave a Proxy Bid to be executed by a volunteer at the event.
The Auction Continues at the Garden House on April 5
This is the party part of the auction, an evening out for the adults in our community! We hope you will all join us for food by Spoleto, music, and of course silent and live bidding on fabulous items! Tickets will be available online at the 32 Auctions website. Suggested donation is $25 per person, but we want everyone there, so there will be other price points available for purchase. We want you all to be there and don’t want the ticket price to be a barrier.
How You Can Contribute to the Success of the Auction
1. Save the date, get a sitter, and buy ticket(s) when the 32 Auctions site goes live (we will email you!)
2. Contribute or solicit an item for the auction! This could be a service you provide, a piece of art you’ve created, or an item or gift certificate you obtain from a friend or a business you patronize. If every family and staff member in our community contributed just one item, we’d easily have over 100 items!
3. Sponsorship–do you have or know a business that might like to become an auction sponsor in exchange for exposure to our community? Please click here to view or download MSN Sponsorship Information or contact Kathy Murri at email@example.com for more information.
4. Volunteer! There are many ways that you can help. Watch for a Parent Square post with sign up opportunities!
5. Watch for the online auction announcement, and bid on the items you want!
We are excited about this auction and having a party with all of you!
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.